The days keep growing longer and the sunrise is getting harder to catch but that doesn’t mean you should let it escape you. Here are 5 reasons to see the sunrise more often.
1. Energy Convergence.Ayurvedic teachings say that energy shifts once the sun rises. If you can rise before those first rays hit the earth, you’ll tap into pre-dawn energy (good for movement) and benefit from the shift in energies. Feel the surge.
2. #tujasunrisechallenge.Get up and bust out asun salutationthen challenge your friends to do the same. We know the benefits of a good stretch in the morning are worth sharing all in of themselves but just in case you and your friends need more motivation, you couldwin a year’s supply of Thirsty Buddhacoconut water. After all, a satisfying sunrise stretch and a fun challenge for your friends is thirsty work.
3. Creativity.Even Hemingway, who was notorious for his late night drinking sessions, knew that the most creative part of the day was around sunrise. That’s why he always got up, hangover on not. He’s not alone – Georgia O’Keefe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Mozart – all morning people. Tap into the creative energy delivered fresh every sunrise.
4. Like a Boss.Some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and business leaders swear by theirearly morning routine. It’s their time to tackle the important things of the day before the day gets away from them. It’s not just business things – it might be exercise, time with their family or pursuing personal passion projects. Simply put, they own those sunrise hours like a boss.
5. Reset Your Clock.Actually witnessing the sunrise and spending 15 minutes basking in its glow can help the body to reset its circadian rhythm. Once your circadian rhythm is back in check you’ll sleep better and your body will function better. Feel the rhythm of the sunrise.
Skip the snooze, say hello to the sun as it greets the horizon and watch an amazing day (and new healthy habit) unfold.