If you’re a regular here, you’ve likely noticed that we’re hosting a meditation challenge in February. If you haven’t signed up yet, allow us to inspire and persuade you with these 5 reasons to take the tuja 30-Day Meditation Challenge.
1. It’s Science. Let’s trot out the scientific studies (47 of them to be exact) that show meditation can help with anxiety, stress, pain and even depression. Do you know anyone who might be dealing with any of these? Taking into consideration that stress can lead to a myriad of other health issues, and that meditation has also been found to lower blood pressure. Science seems to be saying we should meditate. Who are we to argue science?
2. Self-Control. Do you have a big goal you’re working toward this year? Meditation can help get you there. After a month of meditation, you’ll be more mindful of your action and have improved self-control. So whatever you super-goal is for the year, meditation can be like your side kick; attacking anything that gets in your way with focus, clarity and discipline. Pow. Boom. Ka-bam.
3. Cheaper Than a Vacation. You know that feeling you get around the fourth day of your vacay? You’re sitting on the beach and everything is calm around you. Inside, it’s quiet. No to-do list nagging from the back of your mind, no worries about getting it all done, no questioning what your boss/partner/mom meant when they said…none of that; it’s just pure peace and quiet. Meditation is like that, without the expensive flight, questionable ice, risk of sunburn or tiny grains of sand mysteriously finding uncomfortable places to hang out.
4. Quiet Time. “Shhh…Mommy’s meditating.” When you slow down for some quiet time, everyone else in the house will too. Not only will you get 5-20 minutes of extra silence a day, you’ll also get the post quiet-time chillness and (if you really work it) you might even get some pre-quiet-time, simmering down time. Wow, that’s a whole bunch more household zen! (For those without kids, this also works on partners and co-workers).
5. Free & Easy. We’ve designed this challenge to help you succeed at developing a new meditation practice. So, we start you off slow, support you fully along the way by answering questions via Twitter and Facebook and give you a whole group of awesome people (just like you) to commune with through the process. How could it be any better? Oh yeah, it’s totally FREE. Faaa Reeee!
Improved health, more balance in life, a can’t fail approach, a great group of people to hang out with and a new skill that is like a free-pass to Zenland any time you want — how have you not clicked to sign up yet? Oh, you’ve still got questions? No problem. Hit up our Facebook page and rain down your questions upon us. We’ll answer every one until it’s clear skies and a ‘yes’ to taking the challenge.