We’ve gone ahead and listed all of the bulk/ “non-perishable” ingredients (i.e. everything except the fresh fruits & veggies – those lists will arrive weekly) that you may or may not want to have on hand for your 30 days of smoothies.
Some of these ingredients will come up more often than others, so we’ve broken these into 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
If you’re hopping on the smoothie train for the first time, you may not want to invest in all of these ingredients (and you definitely don’t have to!), but we do recommend stocking up on items on the Beginner list.
Beginner ingredients will come up often in the recipes and they are great pantry ingredients to add to almost any smoothie recipe (and plenty non-smoothie recipes!). Buy these in bulk so you have ‘em on hand and ready to go.
• ginger (fresh is best but powder works too)
• hemp seeds (store in fridge)
• chia seeds (store in fridge)
• ground flax seeds (store in fridge)
• organic coconut oil
• unsweetened almond milk/ coconut milk/ rice milk/ any varieties you like!
• coconut water
• raw unpasteurized honey
• almond butter or peanut butter
• ice cubes (don’t buy them but have a tray ready to go in your freezer!)
• frozen fruit (recipe-specific but if you have the space you can buy bags of frozen, organic berries, pineapple, mango and more)
These ingredients will take your smoothies to the next level with more varieties of superfood boosters and flavour boosters to experiment with. These are also great for your whole food pantry.
• pitted medjool dates
• all-natural maple syrup
• tahini (sesame seed paste)
• raw cacao powder
• maca powder
• a variety of nuts & seeds (best if you have a high-speed blender here)
• pumpkin seeds
• sunflower seeds
• macadamia nuts
• frozen greens: spinach, kale etc. (for those of you super short on time)
• sea salt
• olive oil
• greens & protein powders (especially great if you don’t have any fresh greens handy!)
For the Green Smoothie Challenge we recommend combination greens and protein powders that pack in a bunch of superfoods. Check out these awesome products from our sponsors at Genuine Health:
This list is for seasoned smoothie chefs curious about other weird and wonderful superfoods and ingredients to add in!
• green tea
• licorice tea
• chaga mushroom (powder)
• fish oil
• coconut sugar (optional topping)
• apple juice
We know that this is a BIG list. Don’t fret – start with the beginner list and simply use the Intermediate & Advanced lists for inspiration when you feel ready to expand your smoothie repertoire.
If you don’t have something when you’re crafting your smoothie, just ask us – we can work around almost any ingredient and have it tasting great. When in doubt – reach out!
Oh and don’t worry if these ingredients don’t ALL get used up during the challenge. We’ll have plenty of recipes for you to use ‘em all up in a tasty way.
Get your Bulk/Non-Perishables List delivered!
We’ve partnered with online local & organic grocery store SPUD to help you get your ingredients faster.
Find your city below and browse your Bulk/ Non-Perishable grocery items. One click and you can it all delivered to your door!
Use coupon code: GET20 to get $20 off of a $40 (or more) order.
Vancouver challengers click here for your Bulk/Non-Perishables List.
Calgary challengers click here for your Bulk/Non-Perishables List.
Victoria BC challengers click here for your Bulk/Non-Perishables List.
San Francisco challengers click here for your Bulk/Non-Perishables List.
LA challengers click here for your Bulk/Non-Perishables List.