Tweaked from typical traditional pasta.
I love leftovers for breakfast. It’s not uncommon for me to tuck into some veggie curry from the night before and day-old cold Thai Food is definitely my favourite for breakfast.
The dinner-for-breakfast thing is catching on as we’re seeing Fried chicken and waffles and even – breakfast pastas – on brunch menus everywhere.
Here’s a simple savoury pasta (naturally wheat and gluten free!) that you can make for brunch this weekend. It’s the second breakfast pasta tweak & eat but it couldn’t be more different than the first.
Did ya know? Cooking tomatoes is said to increase the power of lycopene (the powerful phytochemical in tomatoes) – by both increasing the antioxidant activity and the absorbability of it for our bodies.
- 1 or 2 organic chicken or turkey sausages – casing removed
- about 12 cherry tomatoes – halved
- a few leaves of fresh sage (optional)
- sea salt & ground pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 large zucchini – spiralized
- small bunch of fresh basil – julienned
- 1-2 eggs per person soft or medium poached
1. Heat a stainless steel skillet over medium and crumble in the sausage. Sauté, stirring for a couple of minutes until starting to brown and then add the tomatoes. Add fresh sage (if using), salt and pepper and green onions. While everything cooks up, spiralize the zucchini and poach the eggs.
2. Once the mix is nice and caramel-y and cooked, toss in the zucchini noodles and the basil– just to heat them slightly, coat and incorporate them into the tomato/sausage mix.
3. Serve with the poached eggs on top and enjoy!