Founded as Healthy Living Canada in 2009, tuja wellness is your online guide to finding the best-of-the-best health and wellness vendors across Canada. Essentially, we’ve done your homework.
Through our city guides, articles posts, and the goal to launch an interactive community based forum, our vision is a world inspired to make healthier choices.
about the site
Take a look around. We’ve launched with 7 cities across Canada with the goal to add more over time. We also figured it’d be nice to serve up just a bit more – check out our article sections to learn, laugh, or simply take a brain break in your day. Check back weekly for fresh posts on a variety of wellness topics. And be sure to sign up to leave comments on the vendors we love and articles we share. If you like what you see, spread the word.
Click on the image below for some direction on how to use the site.
what’s in the name?
tuja (pronounced 2-ja) is taken from the latin word thuja – a genus of coniferous evergreen trees from the cypress family, native to both North America and Asia. We wanted a name that represented growth, community, and fun. We think we nailed it.
how are vendors selected?
We've taken the guesswork out of finding the greatest health and wellness vendors across Canada. The businesses we feature are those that are truly the ‘talk of the town’ in their local communities. We call these vendors the “best of the best” as they go above and beyond their competitors and challenge mediocre ways of doing business. We created a set of criteria to help us decide:
• High Quality Products/Services with Great Value Vendors offer high quality products/services and give outstanding customer experiences. They stand behind what they offer with commitment to quality and great value at a fair price.
• Socially Responsible (environmental, sustainability, green choices) – Vendors must support evolving green initiatives from manufacturing, packaging, transport, carbon offsetting, recycling, eco-construction, support social programs (charities, special events), etc. It’s about giving back to one another and the planet.
• People-Oriented – Guests of our chosen vendors receive amazing service, assistance, and/or positive experiences whether in person, through promotional material (websites, marketing, newsletters) or other communication channels. Essentially, vendors are passionate about building positive, sustainable relationships within their communities.
• Promote Holistic Lifestyle & Balanced Living - We seek out vendors who share in the same values and goals as we do. These vendors offer products and/or services that support a healthy balance of the mind, body and spirit. Their products or services offer physical, mental and/or emotional health benefits with an alternative/complementary approach.
• Organic Goals & Innovation - We support vendors who are goal oriented towards a more organic/sustainable way of doing business. They are committed to being innovative and making a difference to enhance the way in which we live while seeking to minimize/eliminate the impact on the planet. They have clear missions/visions for the direction of their company – they challenge the status quo, and that’s why they’re on our site; they continue to evolve and innovate as do we.
• Passion/Fun (& Humility) - We celebrate businesses that love who they are and what they do; their company culture, energy and enthusiasm reflect this. They have a great time doing what they do, don’t take themselves too seriously (they know that growth is a learning process and everyone makes mistakes) and are motivated to share who they are with their communities.
how to get involved?
We’re growing and we’re looking to build a passionate team of writers, contributors, designers, advisors, community members, and vendors who desire to be the best. Email us to get in touch – we’d be thrilled to connect with you.
we want to hear from you…
Feedback? Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We want to hear it all.