It’s happened to all of us. No matter how far behind us our teenage years may be, we still wake up every once in a while to the horror of a pulsing red pimple staring back at us from the mirror. Here are a few natural ways to avoid morning zit-shock.
1. Hands Off! Seriously, we know you know this. Don’t pop or pick at pimples. It’s always the number one tip to healing but we’re also talking about touching your face in general. Your hands encounter all kinds of bacteria everyday and when you touch your face, you increase chances of escalating an acne outbreak.
2. Honey Helper. Unpasteurized honey is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory so it’s great for acne. Mix 1 tablespoon with an egg yolk, a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply to a freshly cleansed face then wash off after 20 – 30 minutes with warm water. This one is especially good for clearing up blackheads.
3. A Sour Solution. Soak up that excess oil with some of nature’s tartest tastes. Combine apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of fresh lemon juice and apply to un-popped pustules. You should see it dry up significantly within a few applications.
4. Shuck ‘em. Oysters just might be the single best anti-acne food on the planet so shuck ‘em and suck ‘em down. If you’re not a seafood-lover; be sure to eat a healthy diet and get plenty of Vitamin A, Chromium and most importantly Zinc.
5. Go Down Under. Tea tree oil hails from Australia but luckily for zit-fighters it’s now widely available. Dab a little of this natural antimicrobial on a big puffy pimple to reduce redness and inflammation while stopping bacteria from swelling the situation.
Now ain’t you lookin’ good, naturally.