Christmas smoothie? We know, it’s not exactly traditional. Let’s face it, we all say we’re gonna “be good” in the eating department over Christmas, but the reality is 99% of us will consume copious amounts of buttery shortbread, sugary sugar cookies, white dinner rolls and go way overboard on some kind of gravy (and not to mention drowning in eggnog).
Here’s a blend that will help cut all that rich food and give your belly a much needed balanced digestive boost.
The tartness of cranberries and lime are cleansing for the palate and stomach, and ginger keeps effective digestion humming along. A coconut milk base smoothes it all out.
Christmas Smoothie Ingredients
Deck the halls with organic.
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ inch chunk of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or more as desired)
- Squeeze a small wedge of lime
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage
- Add a bit of filtered water if the mixture is too thick for your blender.
Blend until smooth…and may your days be merry & bright!