With Halloween nearly a month behind us, it’s time to swap out any leftover stashes of little packaged “treats” taking up prime real estate in your kitchen space. These powerhouse peanut butter cups could easily be their replacement. And that’s no trick.
Filled with all-natural peanut butter, raw organic honey, and cinnamon, it’s all one big good-for-you treat. Adding to the goodness vibes, the dark chocolate shell is high in flavonoids, helping prevent inflammation and allergies.
So trash those store-bought candy bars and give your body a real treat with this powerhouse chocolate PB combo.
- 3.5oz dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter, or smooth if you prefer
- 1½ Tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Flaky salt (e.g., fleur de sel) for sprinkling
- Break the chocolate into squares and melt it in a double boiler or the microwave. If you opt for the microwave, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and put it in for 30-second intervals until melted, taking it out to stir in between. After a few rounds, it will become smooth. Add in the coconut oil and stir until it incorporates. Stir to ensure there aren’t any lumps.
- Place mini muffin liners in a mini muffin tin. Spoon half a teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom and swirl it around to coat the liner’s side and bottom. Repeat with the remaining liners.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon until smooth. Scoop the peanut butter mixture in approximately ½ tablespoon amounts and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place it into the liners on top of the chocolate and press gently to flatten it. Repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Drizzle about half a teaspoon to a teaspoon of chocolate on top of each peanut butter ball, tilting as necessary, to cover completely.
- Sprinkle each one with a pinch of fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt. Chill in the fridge to set.