Tomorrow is 4/20 which means thousands will be sparking up in smoky solidarity. For those who don’t partake – we thought we’d give you 5 (smoke-free) reasons to celebrate the mighty marijuana plant and its super-eco subsidiary, hemp.
1. Oh, the Shoes. Whether you’re after a pair of hikers, some stylish street kicks or even some classic Mary Janes, you’ll find them made out of hemp. Feel free to prance around proudly knowing you’re rocking some vegan and eco-friendly fashions.
2. Sail Away. While some love the spliff, you can board the skiff. Yes, there are eco-boats made out of hemp but don’t expect them to be laid back loungers – these babies are fast!
3. Dave’s Not Here, Man. He’s on the road in his hemp-fueled car lowering carbon emissions and sticking it to the oil and gas industry. Road trip!
4. Gimme Shelter. Picture a house with a hempcrete foundation, hemp insulation behind hemp-fiberboard walls decorated with hemp plaster. Welcome to your future eco-home.
5. So Seedy. Hemp seeds (included hulled hemp hearts) are super nutritious boasting off the charts protein and lots of essential fatty acids. Plus they are easily digesting, satiate feelings of hunger and boost energy. Bake ‘em in a cake, put ‘em in your porridge or smash ‘em up in your smoothie.
So while we may not be puffing a pipe this 4/20, we’d like to raise a glass in celebration of super-eco hemp. What’s in our glass? It might just be a hemp vodka martini.