Not only is bulk shopping good for the bank account, it makes the planet happy too. Here are 5 things you should always buy in bulk.
1. TP. We all use it, we all need it and it doesn't go bad so stock up on toilet paper and save. Just be sure that 90 roll package isn't full of individually wrapped rolls or you'll be using the paper to wipe the tears from the earth's eyes!
2. Loose Leaf Tea. We don't need no stinkin' bags! Buying loose tea leaves allows you to portion for the size of your brew and reduce your waste. Plus, you're more likely to experiment with new flavours and combinations! Tip: you'll save the most on organic green tea from the bulk section.
3. Trail Mix Mix-ins. Buying a single portion, cello-bag of trail mix is straight up offensive to the shopping savvy. Buy only the ingredients you like and create your own personal ˜Best Trail Mix Ever" (does it rival this one?)
4. Gluten-Free Flours. Wading into the world of gluten free baking will introduce you to an array of flour options but buying too much before you decided if it works for you (hello, $20 bag of xanthum gum of which you only need 1 tsp!) is kind of loco. Buy a little to avoid the ridiculous prices and get experimental with really crazy stuff like Maca powder or Teff (our latest GF flour infatuation).
5. Toothbrushes. Make it a family or community buy and get them where you dentist does – online. You'll get over 70 for under $30 and you can even print your own personal motivational morning message on them! Plus, theyâ€™ll come in a simple cello bag instead of the obnoxious individual packaging!
Bulk isn't always about going big. But it's going to mean your consumables have a smaller carbon footprint, less packaging waste and leave a few extra bucks in your wallet.
That's winning in bulk.