Forget that long-held instinct to view back to school as the end of summer. You still have time to rock this summer starting with these summer-musts.
1. Hang Time in a Hammock.Summer goes by too quickly, you get busy and before you know it youre shoveling snow. Dont let it speed past you. Slow things down by carving out somebliss timereading a book in a hammock, under a tree or sprawled out on a patio lounger. Oh, and turn off the cell phone.
2. Potluck Al Fresco.What could be more quintessentially summer than a picnic? It doesnt have to be complicated why not call up a couple of friends, pick a nice patch of grass and have everyone bring a dish. Its a potluck picnic in the park.
3. Go Garage Sale-ing.Its all about the hunt and youre anupcycling warrior. Stay creative; imagine that old door as a funky coffee table or those orange, 70s dinner plates as a vibrant mosaic. Not only will you have a cool DIY project but youll be giving a landfill-bound piece a new life. Dont forget, the early bird gets the funky T-shirt collection (soon to be a patchwork picnic blanket).
4. Plein Air Art.Summer gives us endless nature scenes. Capture them and take in the fresh air while you are at it. Traditionally, Plein Air is done with an easel, canvas and paints but we say you can also express yourself in chalk (on the sidewalk, for all to enjoy), build a sandcastle or frame up a perfect photo with the same effect. Psst, theres still time to enter oursummer photo contest your art could win you an amazing prize.
5. Cottage-less Cottaging. No cabin on the lake to escape to? Dont let that stop you from having a cottage day. Slip into a slower pace by leaving the TV black, powering down the computers and turning off the cell phone for a day (or weekend). Next, pull out the old cribbage board or dust off the monopoly and have some together time. Cap the day off with a BBQ, some homebrew iced tea and the sunset. Ahh, cottage life.
Fall ain’t got nothing on you.