He’s always been there for you and look how great you turned out. Make sure this Father’s Day he knows how much you appreciate him with one (or five) of these totally tuja-riffic gifts.
1. Broga Passes. He may snicker at your suggestion that he join you for a flow class, but what he’s really thinking is ‘I’m way too stiff for those moves!’ Make it easy for him to get his yoga on by taking the super-flexi-girl intimidation factor out of the equation. Sign him up for a series of Yoga for Stiff Men classes (aka Broga, Yoga for Dudes, Yoga for Bros) and he’ll be joining you on the dock for that sun salutation before the summer's out.
2. Morning Bliss. Ditch Dad’s archaic, buzz-buzz-buzz alarm clock and swap in some tranquility. The Zen alarm clock will gently bring him to consciousness with a series of gongs. It’ll be like he’s waking up in a meditative temple or coming out of a fantastic massage session. Or, if he’s resistant to new things, he can always use the bowl for his spare change!
3. Ties to the Past. Dads can cling to some pretty outrageous old clothes (we’re looking at you, souvenir floral shirt from the ’78 trip to Hawaii). Give his favourite shirt or lounge shorts a new life as a trendy bow tie. Companies like Knotical Ties will upcycle old fabric into a stylin’ new bow tie. Dashing and sentimental.
4. Youthful Good Looks. Whether Pops is a certified metrosexual or a man’s man, there is one truth he can’t deny – he’s getting older. Help him hang on to his youthful good looks with organic, natural skincare products like Yum Skincare for Men. Going natural has never been so handsome.
5. Follow the Founding Father. tuja’s founder, Ed Malcolm is also a father – so we had to ask him what he’d like to unwrap this Father’s Day. “Books on interesting people,” was his answer and for him, that’s the Steve Jobs autobiography. Be sure to match the book to the dad!
Here’s to all the tuja Dad’s out there – we raise a mug of GMO-free beer in salute to y’all.
Make the Fast Friday 5 list grow. What handpicked gift will you be giving pops this year?