BPA may have a bad rap but last week the Canadian government decided to allow manufacturers to continue using it in packaging foods. What’s a girl to do? Kick that garbage to the curb, that’s what!
Here are 5 easy ways to boot BPA:
1. Chuck/recycle any and all plastic food storage containers and replace them with glass. Mason jars make great storage containers for soups and sauces.
2. Always carry your personal BPA-free water bottle so you never have to buy bottled water. And, you’ll get a zero-waste gold star while you’re at it.
3. Buy fresh produce instead of canned. Or, can your own fruits and veggies – another use for those awesome Mason jars.
4. Never heat anything up in plastic or cans. Ever. Sorry cowboys, but campfire beans are a no-no because the heat helps BPA leech into your food.
5. Make fresh juice and store it in a glass jug instead of buying plastic bottled juices. And while you’re at it, say so long to soda in cans and plastic bottles (your health will thank you).
Make the Fast Friday 5 list grow. Tell us how you reduce your BPA intake in the comments below.