We’re half way through our 12 Days of Giving and man, does it feel good. We want to make sure you get as much out of gifting as we are, so here are 5 ways to make this the season of giving.
1. Shop Small. Where you choose to spend your holiday dollars can be a gift in itself. Shopping small at local, independent stores is a great way to support your community and get some unique gifts. Check out our City Guides to find the most awesome wellness-related small shops near you.
2. Go Green. You may not have noticed, but all of our 12 Days of Giving hand-picked prizes are also environmentally friendly. When shopping, ask yourself what kind of impact does your gift have on the environment and then seek out an eco-alternative. It’s nice to be able to add ‘(and the planet)’ in the ‘To:’ section on your gift card.
3. Make Way. There’s a moment after the unwrapping ends when you suddenly realize you’ve got to find somewhere to put all of this new stuff. Make room ahead of time by clearing out the closets and toy boxes and donating them. Trust us, your son’s barely used Battleship game or that worn-once holiday dress is going to make the next owner very happy. Take stock sooner rather than later and you may just find wish lists shrinking – good news for the planet and your bank account.
4. A Side of Health. You can’t gift wrap a good bill of health but there are plenty of gift ideas that offer up wellness on the side. Think blenders (along with our Green Smoothie e-book), juicers, yoga accessories, outdoor gear or workout clothes. Even a romantic, sexy getaway comes with a side of health benefits! And the extra bonus? Health-boosting gifts will keep giving long after that book is read or those socks are worn out.
5. Charitable Traditions. Holiday traditions get passed on from generation to generation and are often cited as the reasons that people love the season. If you don’t already have one, why not start a charitable family tradition? That might be donating toys or clothing, putting together a Christmas basket, baking treats for a community group, volunteering together for an event; there are endless possibilities. You may be giving to those in need but you’ll also be gifting your family a new tradition and that is a gift for the ages (and the generations to come).
You can feel it in the air – it really tis’ the season of giving and now you’ve got more ways to get in on the action.