‘Laughter is the best medicine’ is more than an old adage – it can be scientifically backed up.
One of the best benefits is that it can help keep the immune system stay in top form. We’ve gathered our favourite funny quotes to keep you laughing and to send those seasonal cold and flu germs at bay.
1. “I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” ~ A. Whitney Brown
We can’t wait to trot this one out the next time someone asks for an explanation about veganism.
2. “If Oprah was married to me, she could be Oprah Chopra.” ~ Deepak Chopra
Wouldn’t they have the most amazing offspring? This quote comes from a hilarious interview conducted by Rainn Wilson in the back of his Soul Pancake van. Watch it here.
3. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” ~ Brian Gerald O’Driscoll
Mmm…that has us craving a tomato, avocado and lime salad – they’re all fruits right?
4. “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~ Jack Handey
We could have filled a much longer list with Jack Handey’s wry ‘Deep Thoughts’.
5. “A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.” ~ Steven Wright
We had a funny retort to this quote, but we forget what it was.