Long nights and cold exteriors make this a perfect time to get a little extra action. In case you need more reasons than that, here are 5 healthy reasons to have more sex.
1. Headache & Pain Relief. Forget the old excuse of having a headache. Research shows that not only does sex help to relieve pain in your head, it also reduces pain in other areas thanks to that old ‘love hormone,’ oxytocin.
2. It Does a Heart Good. Research has found that people who have an active sex life (once or twice a week) are less likely to suffer from a heart attack. Not only because you’ll be fitter but also because it lowers blood pressure and reduces stress. You could say your heart hearts sex.
3. That Glow. Go on, get hot and sweaty in bed! It opens up and clears your pores, alleviating minor skin irritations and giving you that healthy glow. Plus, it increases estrogen production in women, which results in shinier hair and silky-smooth skin. You’ll have people asking how you stay looking so young!
4. Beats a Flu Shot. Okay, technically and scientifically speaking, sex is not likely to be as effective as a flu shot but it does boost immunoglobulin A, which your body uses to fight off colds and flu. On top of that, some reports suggest that sex can release a natural antihistamine. All the more reason not to let a sniffle keep you from a snog.
5. Libido Boost. This one might seem like a silly one to add, after all if you’re doing it more often do you really need a libido lift? Well, here’s the bonus – the more you do it, the more you’ll want to do it. So, all of these health benefits will soon feel effortless. Besides, who couldn’t stand to feel a little sexier?
We know the reaction you usually get when you try to encourage your partner to join you in a new health regimen; we have a feeling this is one healthy habit you won’t have trouble selling.
Make the Fast Friday Five list grow. What other good-for-your-health reasons get you under the covers regularly?