Daylight savings is gifting most of us with an extra hour this weekend (sorry Saskatchewan). Forget about getting extra winks in, here are 5 things to do with that daylight savings hour.
1. Get Ready. It’s the calm before the storm. Halloween is behind us and you know what’s ahead. Before the holiday parties, manic shopping and blitz baking take over, take this extra hour to get a grip. Sit down with the calendar and figure out who needs what, when and where. Make a master plan for the busy times ahead.
2. Turn Over The Garden. It’s time to face facts, your garden is gonzo. Instead of just ripping up those rotting tomatoes and calling it a day, put in a little extra love. Give the earth a good churn, mix in some rich compost and sprinkle in a little extra bone marrow. Don’t forget, now is the time to plant garlic!
3. Fermenting Fun. Before the bounty of the season is completely gone, grab some fresh produce and ferment it. Fermented fruits and veggies have all kinds of health benefits and they’re mighty tasty. We recommend a little fermented garlic (just in case the sniffles show up) and a little honey mead (just in case it’s the in-laws who bring the sniffles).
4. Snuggle Up. Just in case you’re fully committed to spending that extra daylight savings hour in bed, why not give it over to love? Snuggling is what happiness is made of, so grab your man, your woman, your kids, your dog, your bunny or your binky and hold a hug-in! Love, love, love; love is all you need.
5. Mini Creative Retreat. You know that thing you love to do, that way you channel your creativity, you know the hobby you never have time for any more? Now you have time! Go grab a paintbrush, warm up the glue gun, dust off your camera or sit down with an old notebook and your favourite pen and let the creativity flow for an hour. Before you say that an hour is not enough time to finish anything just remember that the joy of being creative is in the doing.
How many times have you said, ‘if only I had another hour in the day’? Well, this weekend you do, so make the most of it!
Make the Fast Friday Five list grow. What will you do with your gift hour?