Forget the flowers imported from the other side of the globe, Phthalate-laced perfumes or the chocolate made on the backs of slave children. Instead, give Mom a gift that Mother Nature would approve.
1. Toxin-Free Nail Polish.Chances are your mom is still using the old chemical-laden polish to beautify her hands and feet. Show her how pretty toxin-free can be with vegan and cruelty-freeScotch Naturals Polish(check out their awesome new spring colours). Then, go the extra mile and gather up her old formaldehyde-laced, toxic polishes and pitch em.
2. Yoga Bling. If Mom is a yogini, help her look good on the mat with accessories fromMala Collective, towels and blocks from Canadian-madeDusky Leafand mat cleaner or a bag fromLove My Mat. Shell be one stylin yoga mama.
3. No Gift.She keeps telling you that she has everything and needs nothing so listen to her and donate your Mothers Day gift budget to a worthy cause in her name. ACanada Helps gift cardwill let her choose a cause close to her heart.
4. The Original (but better).Ah, the good ol days when you just had to attempt a pancake to make Mom happy. Take that original sentiment and show Mom how far youve come in the kitchen. Our menu: Mimosas made with organic champagne or a smoothie (select an oh-so-mom recipe from ourSmooth Operatorcolumn), protein richquinoafruit saladand to-die-forbaked eggs. Yummy for mommy (and you).
5. Fair Trade Treat Basket.If theres one thing we know about Moms its that they love to take care of you. Now that youve flown the coop, show her how she can spread her loving wings by taking care of the worlds workers. Introduce her to the benefits of Fair Trade in the most delicious way – a basket loaded up with certified Fair Tradecoffee,chocolate,teaandcandy treats(which also happen to be organic…so she can take care of the earth too).
Giving Mom a gift that is eco-friendly will show her just what a conscientious and caring child shes raised. And, isnt mothers pride is the best gift of all?
Make the Fast Friday 5 list grow. What planet-loving gift will you be giving to your ma this year?