We love reflecting on the year that was here at tuja wellness. It was a busy one, so we're grateful for those who kept us motivated to keep going.
Here are 5 tujis who inspired us in 2014.
1. The Green Smoothiers. We love every tuji who takes on one of our challenges. Some do it a little more publicly than others by sharing their experience in our Facebook group. People like Angela, Nicki, Michelle, Laura, Stephanie, Basma, and Katrina, Michelle, and Pat Holkestad and… well, the whole gang! You inspired everyone to stick to the challenge and inspired us to dream up new and exciting challenges for you.
2. Courtney Sunday. Just because she writes a column about staying calm doesn't mean she never gets rattled. Our resident meditation blogger, Courtney, inspired us by really stepping outside of her comfort zone this year. She hit the streets of Toronto to ask people to slow down and accept some free zen. Not only did your cojones inspire us, Courtney, your message inspired many people to "breathe. slow down. feel better."
3. The Hands. It's a bit of a thankless job, being the hands in the tuja wellness videos. Our DIY series is meant to be simple, but demonstrative. It requires hands to do everything from cleaning a blender to baking doggie biscuits (sometimes it even means handling a blender blowout). It's time to give a big end of the year shout out to Marissa Young, the owner of those famous hands. You inspired us to tackle all kinds of DIY projects this year (or at least your hands did).
4. Joy McCarthy. Aside from being an effervescent light of a human being, Joy from Joyous Health inspired us in so many ways this year. First there was her amazing book Joyous Health, then she launched a be-a-utiful new website, and on top of all of that she was an awesome tuja advisor, gave us a great podcast interview and a sparkling smoothie recipe for our challengers. We'd say we don't know where you get your energy, but we suspect the secret is in your book.
5. Meaghan Eady. Does the name sound familiar? It would if you are a) in the habit of reading the small print or b) really into photography. This year Meaghan created many of the images that made the words on tuja wellness sing. She's embraced every challenge ("um, can you get a picture of someone being grumpy?"). Meaghan, we're inspired by your eye, your style and your eagerness to take on a challenge. We promise to keep coming up with cuckoo-crazy articles that are super hard to capture on film.
We were inspired by so many amazing people this year and not just those we featured in our 60 second inspirations video series or our Q&A series – limiting this list to five required fantastic restraint on our part. Not to be forgotten is you.
Whether you just stop by from time to time or have turned tuja into your homepage, we know you've made your own wellness a priority. You may not know this but that makes you an inspiration to the people around you. And, the inspiration for tuja to keep going.
Here's to 2015 and another year filled with inspirations and being inspirational.