We've rounded the corner, we can hear the crowd and we know the finish line is just ahead. But first, we've got to get over that last (hopefully small) hump of winter.
Here are 5 ways to close out the winter season in style.
1. Deal Hunt. If there's one thing that goes hand in hand with the end of a season it's sales! While the stores depress us with spring fashions winter won't let us wear yet, we know that means there's action in the clearance section. This is the time to hunt down some deals on outerwear and stock up on deeply discounted (but still 100% sexy) thermal underwear. It's time to go hunting; deal hunting.
2. Work it Out. Forget the gym. Turn that winter wonderland into your fitness playground. Layer up and take your pick of great ways to break a winter sweat – cross-country skiing, ice climbing, a winter run or snow boot camp. Take your pick and go get your sweat on – even if you've never done it before (especially if you've never done it before). The treadmill just can't compete with working out in nature and sucking in the fresh winter air.
3. Rough It. Who says camping is a summer activity? Winter camping can be a lot of fun. It does require a bit of planning and careful packing but getting out into the winter wilderness has a tonne of rewards. Whether you're game to build a quinzee or you have a tent that can do the trick, sleeping in the snow covered landscape is not something you'll soon forget.
4. Journey Inward. For the past month (can you believe it's almost over) we've been getting our meditation** on. Now that we've got the basics down, we've got a ticket to journey inward anytime we want. As we struggle through the last weeks of winter (and possibly fight off the winter blues) taking time for meditation can keep us calm and smiling through it.
5. Play. Remember when you were a kid and fresh snowfall meant playtime? Whether it was building snowmen or a snow fort, a friendly round of snowball fights or finding a hill to fly down on your toboggan – snow was synonymous with fun. Why not reclaim that attitude? Bundle up and head outside to play (no kids required – but we bet they could give you some serious snow-play tips).
It's our last fling with winter and we're ready to make the most of it. If you give these a shot, we'll bet you'll be greeting the vernal equinox with an 'Aww, already?'
**If you missed the 30-Day Meditation Challenge, it's not too late! The Premium Experience makes it possible to start the challenge (or keep it going) anytime – and have you meditating right into spring.