Tweaked from theleancleaneatingmachine.com
Poor limes. Not only do lemons get allll the attention (lemon water for cleansing, lemon in your household cleaner, it goes on and on) – limes have been implicated in a centuries-old insult without even deserving it.
Limes were not created merely to help old sailors avoid scurvy, they (like lemons) offer a huge variety of health benefits – including improved digestion, skin health, cleansing and more.
So, next time someone calls you a “limey” – take it as a compliment.
1. Throw all the ingredients for the crust into your food processor and pulse until well combined and easily formed into a ball.
2. Transfer mixture into a 9’’ (or smaller for a thicker slice) spring form pan and press evenly over the bottom surface.
3. Clean out the food processor and then throw all the filling ingredients in and blend thoroughly – until completely smooth. (Take a couple little texture-taste-tests!)
4. Pour the filling in over the piecrust, smooth the top with a spatula and then transfer to the fridge to set.
5. Once the filling has set enough that you can slice into it without making a huge mess, remove from fridge, slice and serve!