From The Nourishing Home
Although gluten, dairy and egg free – this cookie dough still tastes like that golden goo your mom said would give you worms.
Happily, this dough stays just the way you like it – no baking required. (We know only about half your batch ever makes it to the cookie sheet anyway.) Though without the usual red-flag foods, this version will leave your tummy both trouble and worm-free!
Tip: whip this up for either your Valentine or yourself. If cupid’s not on your side this year maybe skip the hearts and eat it straight out of the bowl.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the raw almond butter, honey and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, ground flax seed and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine.
3. You’ll probably have to get your hands dirty here. Get in there with your fingers to knead the dough thoroughly. If it's too wet, add a bit more flour. If the dough is too dry and doesn't hold together well, knead in one teaspoon of water. Fold in the dark chocolate chips or carob chips.
4. If you can keep from eating it right out of the bowl – scoop out tablespoon-size portions and roll into one-inch balls using your hands. If you’d rather get crafty in the spirit of love day – use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or just your hands) to sculpt your tasty dessert.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
6. Lick your fingers.