Nutritionists, naturopaths and food-nuts alike all tout the amazing health benefits of robust and aromatic spices like cinnamon, ginger and turmeric. That’s why I try to work them into whatever I’m consuming as often as I can.
Bonus: there’s a smattering of other wholesome ingredients full of fibre, good-fats and flare here, too.
Grab a couple mandarins, tangerine, clementine or satsuma oranges, and get busy with your blender.
Organic pretty please.
- 1 mandarin orange, no peel (or tangerine, clementine or satsuma – whatever you can get your hands on!)
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped pineapple (as a sweetener and digestive aid)
- ½ inch knob of fresh turmeric
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp reishi mushroom powder (or another mushroom immune-enhancing blend)
- Filtered water to almost cover
Blend until smooth and enjoy!
For more fabulous blender creations check the Smooth Operator archives.