We’ve elevated the refreshing Cuban mojito to a gut-loving libation by adding a key ingredient: kombucha.
Kombucha is a super nutritious drink produced by fermenting sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria. If that makes you squirm, we probably shouldn’t tell you that you have close to 100 trillion bacteria, viruses, and fungi making up your body’s microflora!
Kidding aside, this truly is a GREAT thing. Most of these microflora originate in your gut and play a key role in supporting your mental and physical health. Eating fermented foods like kombucha keeps the balance of beneficial bacteria in your gut’s favour.
The probiotics produced by this tasty effervescent brew offer loads of wellness capital, including helping to absorb minerals, producing much-needed vitamins, eliminating toxins, reducing the risk of allergies, supporting mental health, and even aiding in weight regulation.
All that, and it’s dang delicious?! We’ll drink to that!
Love-Your-Gut Lemongrass Kombucha Mojito
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- A handful of fresh mint leaves (about 10 leaves), plus more for garnish (optional)
- ¼ of a lime cut into a wedge, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 oz white rum
- 3 oz Rise Lemongrass Kombucha
1. Place the honey and mint leaves into a short, sturdy glass. Squeeze the lime to release some juice into the glass and then put the wedge in the glass as well.
2. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime, and to incorporate their natural oils and juices with the honey. Don’t strain the mixture. Instead, fill the glass with ice and pour in the rum and kombucha and gently stir to combine.
3. Garnish with a sprig of mint and/or a slice of lime, if desired.