Studded with immune-boosting crystallized ginger, fibre-filled almonds, metabolism-boosting coconut, and antioxidant-rich pomegranate seeds, this bark has some serious bite! Whether you’re curled up by a fire, spinning a Dreidel, or smooching under the mistletoe, this superfoods bark will delight your sweet tooth and enliven your holiday spirit.
Up the health ante by looking for dark chocolate that is 70% or higher in cocoa, gets its fat base from cocoa butter, and is lower in sugar. The more cocoa that chocolate contains, the more antioxidants it tends to bring on the scene.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. Mix together the chopped almonds, chopped ginger, coconut, and pom seeds or goji berries. Take out 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture and set it aside for topping.
3. Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil in a double boiler or in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between. When smooth and creamy, stir in the larger amount of chopped almonds, chopped ginger, coconut, and pom seeds or goji berries.
4. Spread the chocolate mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth it into an even layer. Top with the remaining superfoods mixture and a sprinkling of fleur de sel.
5. Refrigerate the sheet until the chocolate is fully set, about 30 minutes.