If you’re not feeling daily green smoothies and salads in the dead of winter, we’re with ya. But we’ve gotta get our veggies in somehow.
So to get around this aversion to raw, cold veggies this season, here’s our simple formula for delicious, warm winter salad:
Let’s Get Started!
First: haul home some hearty winter seasonal veggies (stuff like beets and green beans) and roast ’em up in the oven.
Second: grab a green that can withstand some sautéing (like your old buddy kale!) and sizzle until slightly wilted.
Third: find some fruits and veggies that’ll add a crisp, fresh off-set flavour (like green apple, fennel, and pomegranate!), chop them up and leave them raw.
Fourth: add in some extras for flavour, protein, and more (like fresh herbs, candied nuts, and goat feta) and sprinkle those on to finish.
Warm Winter Salad Ingredients
- Sliced, roasted beets
- Roasted green beans, ends removed
- Kale, chopped
- Shaved fennel
- Cubed green apple
- Goat feta cheese
- Candied nuts, chopped
- Fresh herbs
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- a cup of olive oil
- a cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of a lemon
1. Combine salad dressing ingredients in a jar, secure the lid and shake it up. Let sit while other ingredients get prepped.
2. Prep each component in your salad as outlined above and then layer them up on individual dishes.