Inspired by Jamie Magazine.
Are you an instant breakfast eater looking to bridge the gap between the quick & easy and the homemade brekkie? This overnight muesli gives you a flavour-packed start to the day complete with plenty of protein, fiber and fruit without cooking or complication. The best part with the prep? No pots or pans to scrub when you’re done!
Once you get the basics of this throw-together breakfast down, you can customize it to your tastes and recreate it for a quick grab-and-go meal throughout your summer.
Make sure to plan ahead and mix up your muesli the night before. Serves 3-4.
1. First things first, grate the apple and pear (skin and all) and put aside in a bowl.
2. Next, finely grate the skin of the lemon and orange with a zester. Cover the fruit and zest with the lemon and orange juice (just squeeze through your fingers to catch the seeds) and add to the bowl of grated fruit. (Not only does this add a ton of flavour, the juice will keep your fruit from turning brown!)
3. Roughly chop the dried fruits and nuts that you’ve chosen, and stir into the bowl of juice and fruit.
4. Add rolled oats and yogurt, stirring to coat oats, fruit and nuts. Stir in a little honey if you like, then cover the bowl and set in the fridge overnight.
5. In the morning when you're ready to eat, stir the muesli and serve into bowls. Customize your muesli by adding fresh fruit, sprinkling some cinnamon or chia seeds, stirring in a drop of honey, or pouring in some almond or coconut milk (or why not all for a healthy "à la mode" muesli).