Some people love this time of year, but many of us dread Valentine’s Day. Whether we are coupled up or single, we can get tangled into what we should be doing or buying (or mocking). Days only mean as much as you make them.
We challenge those that are seating or cooking for one this February 14 to not overthink it. It can be extraordinary. Or not. Either way, you get to make it all about YOU. Damn girl. You fine. Remember?
To get ready for your table for one, think back to the last thing you ate that made you squirm and smile and squeal and drool and think, “I could eat this every single day!”
What’s your favourite thing to eat… OF ALL TIME?
Here are some that may get those salivary glands going:
- Comforting, like a mac n’ cheese?
- Fancy, like steak and lobster?
- Plant-based, like a Buddha bowl with the best sauce ever?
- Simple, like mashed potatoes?
- Sweet, like delectable flavour-layered artisan chocolate?
- Savoury, like your favourite crunchy potato chips?
- Gooey, like your favourite pizza?
- A staple, like your easy veggie stir-fry with a dressing you’re obsessed with?
- Cheesy, like your favourite pasta?
- Mesmerizing, like a childhood favourite full of nostalgia?
- Decadent, like a chocolate cake?
- Healthy but not, like a giant take-out Caesar salad?
- Salty and sweet and comforting, like a peanut butter cookie or an African peanut stew?
- Wild, like a seriously strange combo of two things where you have to tell people, “I know it sounds so weird but, trust me…”?
Whatever it is…
Find the ingredients (or the place you are going to order it from.)
Enjoy the process. Infuse the process with mindfulness. Slow down. Listen to music you love.
Enjoy the hell out of it.
Then do something for you. Or a bunch of things. Or nothing.
Leftovers? Store it until tomorrow until you can enjoy it all over again.
Happy Valentine’s Day, lover ?