Just when we get out of the Christmas cookie vortex, were knocked off our feet by the Valentines chocolate hurricane.
The single or relationship weary may find their workplace littered with client-bought boxes of chocolate. And checking email can lead to mindless chewing which quickly turns into, Where did the caramels go?
Move away from Bridget Jones tendencies and call some control to Valentines Day, making it another day to love yourself better:
1. If youre gifted a box of chocolates, eat your favorite and put the rest in the freezerto encourage slow consumption. Save the red and pink icing dripped concoctions for decorations. Trust us; they dont look good on your insides.
2. Gentlemen, take note.Do you have your quill and ink? Good. Write a poem for your beloved. This will get you so much happiness (read: sex) and gratitude (probably also sex) from your significant other. It doesnt even have to be good (the poem, not the sex). It just has to be personal and from the heart.
3. Ladies, take note.Engage in your favourite workout to feel energized and confident, and then splurge on some special bedroom apparel so that youre more than prepared for your mans poetry reading.
4. A low key Valentines Day doesnt have to be drenched in heavy food.Forget the molten chocolate cake and indulge in seafood (you know what they say about oysters) and a new vegetable. Then hold hands and ice skate or walk in the slush, leaving the cell phones behind.
5. Call your Mom and Dad to wish them Happy Valentines Day.Theyll think its sweet. Say I love you to as many people as you feel that way about. Your local barista will be thrilled.
Your sweetheart may have the key to your heart, but you have the key to make your Valentines Day heart-healthy. Remaining active and being in tune with your favourite people will help you to have many, many sappy days ahead.