No pregnancy test required or exuberant Facebook sonogram updates – it looks like you’re stuck with a food baby. It can be the result of one overzealous eating event or perhaps a series of “woe is me” snacking.
When your bloating looks like you are in a new trimester it may be time to put on the brakes. Without a bundle of joy around the corner to rid you of a few pounds, you’re going to have to do the work yourself.
Here are some tips to get you on the svelte train as soon as possible:
1) Start now. No healthy eating plans do well when they are put in the future. It is not only desire and determination that will get you feeling slender, but also discipline. Remind yourself of the three D’s to make sure you are keeping your goal in mind.
2) Move your booty. Cardio, weights, yoga…you know the drill. Even when you’re not feeling like you want to move, get your bootylicious butt out the door and do it. Or stay inside and YouTube “food baby workouts.” We can personally recommend blogilates.
3) Sip water with lemon. Water helps to flush sodium from the body and lemon acts as a diuretic. An interesting tip is to make sure you don’t drink through a straw, as this can invite pockets of air into your belly which will present as bloating. Chewing gum can be equally hazardous.
4) Don’t fast. Invite healthy, fiber-rich food back into your life with snacks of Greek yogurt, almonds or grilled vegetables. You can undo the damage, but not in a day. Look at this as an opportunity to revamp your diet.
5) Apply pressure. Start on the right side below the ribcage and go to the left side in a circular motion to help to massage the colon and improve digestion.
Be careful with fizzy drinks, fatty foods and stay on the lighter side of things to prevent unnecessary congratulations and baby showers. Unless you like rubber ducky adorned cupcakes.